PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Soil probe which features a scale on top and will provide instant pH measurement of soil. This probe also measures moisture levels of the ground and light availability.
WHERE TO USE IT: For either indoor or outdoor soil samples.
- Measures moisture content of soil. Lets you know when to water.
- Helps you determine if plant is getting adequate light.
- Helps you control pH level in soil.
- No batteries needed.
- Indoor or outdoor use.
- Most importantly, having a pH level of 7 is ideal for pest treatment. If your soil is too alkaline or too acidic, it will cause the treatment to be less effective and why this tool is so important!
This short video (less than 60 seconds) shows how easy it is to use our Meter:
- Moisture: Push switch to the left. Insert probe deeply into soil reaching root level. Keep probe close to plant. Note moisture level and refer to the chart listed on the packaging for your plant’s watering needs.
- Light: Push switch to the center. Facing the light source, hold the meter next to the plant. Avoid touching sensing element located underneath gauge. Note the light level and refer to the chart listed on the packaging for your plant’s light requirements.
- Soil pH: Push switch to the right. Insert probe deeply into soil. A pH reading greater than 7 is alkaline, a reading less than 7 is acidic. Most indoor plants prefer a slightly acidic soil with a pH between 6.5 and 7. Soil that is highly alkaline will cause the leaves to lose their color and stunt the growth of the plant. Acidic soil will cause the leaves to wilt and drop.
This short video (less than 1 minute) shows you how easy it is to use.
HOW TO ADJUST PH: For more information on how to adjust the pH in your soil, why it is so important, and which products will help, read our supporting pages listed below:
SOIL PH CONTROL
SOIL PH PRODUCTS